Why Keeping Your Gutters Clean is Important
Avoid the Hazards that Accompany Clogged Gutters
You may hear from several sources about how dangerous clogged gutters are for your Tulsa home. Some of these dangers may include issues with your foundation, siding, landscaping, roof, and even the carport. The truth is that clogged gutters can lead to those and much more, which is why it’s very important that you make sure your gutters stay clog free. At Community Builders of Tulsa, one of our specialties is preventing clogged gutters on your Tulsa home because we know just how hazardous they truly are. We’ve seen foundation damage, wood rot, roof damage, and more on homes throughout Tulsa, all of which could’ve been prevented if they maintained their gutters. Our gutter covers from GutterPro USA are great for keeping your gutters clog-free and free of damages that require expensive repairs.
What Clogged Gutters Do to Your Home
- Basement Flooding: A clogged water management system can lead to pooling around the perimeter of your home. This can lead to water leaking into your basement through any opening it can find. Once in, your basement will be subject to flooding, mold and mildew growth, and other types of water damage.
- Foundation Damage: Damage occurs when water seeps into your foundation and starts degrading the material. Even concrete foundations can degrade due to prolonged exposure to moisture. This is especially dangerous during winter months because the trapped water will freeze and cause the concrete to crack and displace. Saturated soil around your foundation also caused cracks and destabilization.
- Erode Landscaping: With water constantly overflowing from your roof and hitting your landscape, it will cause erosion. This can leave a disastrous mark on your landscape.
- Ice Dams: Clogged gutters can easily cause the formation of ice dams in colder climates. This is because clogged gutters leave nowhere for the water to go so it will freeze where it is blocked, heightening the chances of ice dam formation.
- Wood Rot: Gutters are attached to your fascia board and when they get backed up, water overflows from the sides, including the back. This can lead to your fascia board rotting and even water damage behind your siding and to the roof.
Protect Your Tulsa Home with Gutter Covers
Now that you aware of just a few of the dangers that clogged gutters present, you understand how important it is to make sure your gutter remains clog-free. The gutter protection system we carry at Community Builders of Tulsa is designed to make sure that your Tulsa home remains protected from water damage. Our unique system uses liquid adhesion and a full cover system supported by our patented ProBracket® support. Don’t risk your home’s condition with less than effective products, contact us to learn more about our efficient gutter protection system.