Know What Benefits Accompany Metal Roofing
Discover What Metal Roofing can do for Your Home
Metal roofing has been around for quite some time but has only recently become popular among homeowners. The reason for the lack of popularity was largely due to several myths about metal roofing and partly because of the lackluster aesthetic. The experts at Community Builders of Tulsa are here to set the record straight so Tulsa homeowners can know exactly what a metal roof can do for them.
Popular Metal Roofing Facts
- Metal roofs last a lifetime: The most appealing aspect of metal roofs are their extended lifespan. Regardless of the metal used for your Tulsa roof, it is certain to last at least 40-50 years. Our metal roofs boast a limited lifetime transferable warranty of 40 years to make sure that you get the most out of them.
- Performs well against snow and ice: Metal roofs have proven to stand strong against wintery conditions like ice, snow, and ice dams as they are ice and snow-shedding roof systems.
- Fire Proof: Metal roofs are non-combustible and ours carry a UL Class 4 fire resistance rating.
- Low Maintenance: Metal roofs require little to no maintenance and are designed to not rot, split, crack, chip, warp, or dry-out. They are also impervious to rodent and insect infestations.
- High Potential for Return on Investment: Metal roofing systems add value to your home. Homeowners are often able to recoup between 80 and 90 percent of the roofing cost. Additionally, the energy efficiency of metal roofs can dramatically improve your energy savings throughout the year and some insurance companies even offer a discount for homes with metal roofing.
Popular Metal Roofing Myths
- Metal roofs are noisy in rain: This is false as it has been proven metal roofing systems installed over a solid roof sheathing produce decibels comparable to that of standard shingle roofs during rainy weather.
- Increases likelihood of lightning strikes: A myth that most likely came about from the knowledge of metal being a conductive material. Lightning tends to strike the highest point in the area so unless your home’s highest point is higher than anything else around, then its chances of getting struck remain relatively low. Additionally, metal roofs are the best option in case of a lightning strike since it will safely disperse the energy through the structure and its fire resistance keeps your home from catching on fire.
- Unappealing Aesthetic: This may have been true at one time but modern technology has made it possible for metal roofs to be just as attractive as traditional shake, tile, and asphalt. The natural-stone coating of metal roofs from Community Builders of Tulsa gives them a wonderful look of traditional beauty. Plus, they are available in several colors and styles.
Metal Roofing for Homes in Tulsa
We hope that we’ve been able to clear some things up regarding metal roofs in Tulsa. Many of the proposed downsides to metal roofing are due to either false or outdated information. At Community Builders of Tulsa, we provide correct, up-to-date information regarding all of our products. To learn more about what metal roofing can do for your home, contact us today for a free consultation.