Cedar Ridge Vinyl Composite Siding vs. Standard Vinyl Siding
Choosing which is Right for Your Tulsa Home
When the time comes to replace the siding of your Tulsa home, there are several options out there. This can present difficulties when it comes to deciding which one is right for your home. At Community Builders of Tulsa, we carry Cedar Ridge composite siding because we believe it’s the best low-maintenance siding option available. Granted, vinyl siding is largely viewed as the most popular low-maintenance siding option because of its affordability, energy saving qualities, and other features. However, we believe that our vinyl composite siding has it beat and here’s why.
Vinyl Composite Siding’s Advantages Over Vinyl Siding:
- Energy Efficiency: Our composite siding has an R-Value of up to 19% higher than other sidings, including vinyl. The reason for this is that our siding uses Neopor® innovations to produce a solidly constructed insulated foam backing that also helps manage unwanted moisture.
- Strength & Durability: By using TXL™ Lamination Technology to fuse the siding panel and insulated foam together, our siding is rated as having 200% greater strength than other insulated composite sidings, including fiber cement and vinyl.
- Impact Resistance: The fused foam backing also increases the impact resistance by 240% and noise dampening abilities by 45%.
- Natural Beauty: Our composite material consists of natural hand-milled cedar. This allows our siding to have a true look of real wood grain finish and none of the high-maintenance drawbacks.
Vinyl Siding Pros over Composite:
- Affordability: Vinyl siding is currently the cheapest option available on the market today.
- Easy Installation: Lightweight, prefabricated material that’s exceptionally easy to install. Often, homeowners attempt to do this themselves. Results of DIY installation may vary.
- Low-Maintenance: Widely considered to be maintenance-free, vinyl siding typically only needs to be washed once every couple of years.
The Final Siding Decision?
When it comes to deciding which siding is best, there really is no clear answer. The choice is completely dependent on the homeowner. Both products are low-maintenance as neither ever needs to be painted, though vinyl has a slight edge in that it retains less moisture. If you’re looking for the option that provides the best look, then Cedar Ridge vinyl composite is definitely the way to go. The great thing is that you don’t have to decide on your own. At Community Builders of Tulsa, we are more than happy to help you decide which siding is best for your Tulsa home. All you need to do is contact us today and set up a free consultation.