Cleaning Tips for Your Acrylic Bath
The beauty and ease of acrylic replacement baths have made them one of the most popular bathtub options available. We know this from firsthand experience as we have installed thousands of acrylic baths ourselves throughout the state so it should go without saying that we know our way around a tub. This also means that we know the best ways to keep a well maintained bathtub, which is what we’re going to cover today; the proper way to keep your acrylic tub beautiful and shining.
Steps to Cleaning Your Bath
- Prepare: The first step to take is to prepare your bath for cleaning, which means removing items like soap, shampoos, washcloths, etc. Performing this step ensures that you’ll be able to detail every spot in your bath. It also gives you an opportunity to clean these items so they won’t dirty the space once they are placed back in your bathing space. You should also make sure that you have all the necessary cleaning supplies before starting. Necessary supplies include cleaning solution, a microfiber cloth or sponge, etc.
- Cleaning: A popular method for cleaning an acrylic bath is with a half and half solution of white vinegar and warm water. Simply mix the solution and spray onto the surface of the tube. Let the solution sit for approximately 15 minutes and then wipe, rinse with water, and wipe once again. This method gives a deeper clean that doesn’t require harsh solutions or abrasive scouring pads. Another method often used is to fill the tub with warm water and add a few squirts of dish liquid. Let it sit for roughly half an hour, then drain and wipe away any residue with a sponge or microfiber cloth.
- Cleaning the Outside: The outside appearance of your tub is just as important as the interior, which is why cleaning it should not be overlooked. You can use the same cleaning solution from the previous step or standard dish soap. If you come across extra stubborn soap scum, we recommend a reputable all-purpose spray cleaner.
- Polish: Optionally, you can apply polish, which helps keep or restore your bathtub’s beautiful shine. Car polish is great for this task and it’s resistant to the constant exposure to water. Simply apply the polish, rub clean, dry, and wipe.
- Maintenance: The best cleaning tip we have to offer is to maintain general upkeep and routine cleaning. Each time you finish using your bath, take a few extra moments to rinse out your tub and wipe away any remaining moisture with a microfiber cloth, squeegee, or sponge. This is an excellent way to prevent soap scum, mildew, grime, and tub stains.
Considering Replacing Your Bath?
If cleaning your bathtub isn’t working due to some stubborn stains, mold, mildew, etc., then replacing it may be your best option. Fortunately, that’s one of our specialties and we have a stellar selection of replacement acrylic baths from which you can choose. Find out more about our great baths by contacting us today for your free consultation. Also, check back soon to find more helpful hints from your friends here at CBI Tulsa.